Your first visit to Grand Island Dermatology involves a few special steps so that we can get to know you. To understand what to expect, please read through this page. You'll find all the practical information you need, such as a map and directions to our office, practice hours, payment policies and more.
There's also information about our committed providers and our first office visit procedures. You can also save some time by printing out and completing the patient forms in advance of your appointment.
As a new patient, it would be helpful to have any pertinent information forwarded from either your primary care provider or previous dermatologists.
This includes the following:
- Any treatment for skin conditions, pathology reports, and surgeries from past skin cancers.
- Request your medical records from your physician's office. You can either ask that they fax your information to the clinic, or you may bring it with you to your appointment.
- Please bring all of your prescription medications and any over the counter medications you are taking with you to your first visit and any subsequent visits when these medications have changed.
- Please bring a current insurance card and photo id.
Our practice is working together to realize a shared vision of uncompromising excellence in dermatology.
To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Listening to those we are privileged to provide care for.
- Earn the trust and respect of patients, profession, and community.
- Exceed your expectations.
- Ensure a creative, challenging and compassionate professional environment.
- Strive for continuous improvement at all levels.
What To Expect
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It will also help alleviate any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling prior to your first appointment. Educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on this Web site. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with the doctors. We look forward to your first visit.
Please print and fill out these forms so we can expedite your first visit:
- New Patient Paperwork
- HIPAA Form [English]
- HIPAA Form [Spanish]
- Authorization to Release Medical Records
- Policy To Treat Minors
- No Show & Late Cancellation Fee
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
UNITED HEALTH CARE MARKETPLACE INSURANCE
If you have purchased a United Health Care Insurance policy through the Marketplace, you are REQUIRED to obtain a referral from your Primary Care Physician prior to being seen at Grand Island Dermatology.
If your insurance card state " Referral Required" on the front of your card, you must contact your Primary Care Physician first. Your Primary Care Physician will then inform you of the next step you need to take. Their office is responsible for both initiating and obtaining the referral via the United Health Care website. United Health Care will then provider Grand Island Dermatology with the authorization number necessary to get your claim paid. The process must be completed before your schedule an appointment at Grand Island Dermatology. If you proceed with an appointment without obtaining the required referral, United Health Care will deny payment of your services.
If you should have any questions regarding this referral process, we suggest that you call United Health Care at 800-725-1147 , so they can provide you with a better understanding of your benefits.
Map and Directions